Friday 22 June 2012

Benetton UNhate Campaign

As you know I love a controversial advert in Fashion. This time its more serious then the 'don't-wet-yourself-with-excitement-Harvey-Nicks-advert.' In 2011 Italian Fashion brand United Colour of Benetton launched their 'unhate' campaign to promote cultural diversification and to send out a message about the need to overcome the culture of Hate. 

Benetton used the following (superimposed) messages to promote their campaign. I guess if world leaders can put aside their hate for each others nation then the impact will be world wide... 



Although some prints like the International Herald refused to print these ads, at the time they trended on Twitter and reached 500m internet users, making an impact through social media. 

Its quite funny to see images like this, and I think Benetton have been really creative with this. So much so that they won the Press Grand Prix at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity, for best international press campaign. 

This video went alongside the photos: 


The Vatican were totally ANN GARY and I think they went as far as to sue United Colours of Benetton.

In other news I'm starting my exciting internship on Monday! YAY. I'm also moving in with one of my besties Jess's house and its going to be soooo much fun as we are both doing internships in London....cue lots of blogging!


What do you think of the Benetton advert? Do you think it gets the message across?

Love Lexie x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment